Donations box

How to raise money
uptownmaker

Donations box

Postby uptownmaker » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:55 pm

Any super-talented maker out there want to undertake creation of a donations box?

There are events coming up (the cantenna build night and our hoped-for opening gala) which may bring in a number of non-member guests.

While there may be events in the future we will charge at-door admission for, we'd like to collect some "suggested" donations for these. To that end, I'd like to set up a box with a sign, a la free museums and zoos.

There's a short timetable, here, since the cantenna build will be Feb 11 and the gala will be before the end of February (date not yet sent)- we want to make it easy and non-pressuring to donate, but keep it classier and more professional than a coffee can with a hole in the lid.

meat_raffle

Re: Donations box

Postby meat_raffle » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:17 pm

uptownmaker wrote:Any super-talented maker out there want to undertake creation of a donations box?

If we can get enough tools brought in tonight could we "group" make it at the space?
I plan on bringing a small table saw to donate.
And also a router table and dove-tail jig. (but no router)
And a scroll saw.

If we wanted to make it out of wood, I could grab a bunch of oak boards and 5/8" plywood peices I have laying around.

But perhaps a steampunk R2D2 that sings as money is donated through a slot would be more fun.

metis

Re: Donations box

Postby metis » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:50 pm

wood would be fine, think lockable thingy that says "dues and donations" somewhere on it so that folks can pay dues or give us a fiver if they want and the treasurer isn't handy.

Return to “Funding”