Site Logo

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Governing Board meeting Sunday, 6/14
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:44 pm 

Hey folks --

Uptownmaker, Wammie, Orion, Metis & I will be getting together tomorrow at my place to hammer out some more details & particulars on some of the topics brought up at last Wednesday's meeting (the minutes of which I will be posting, I promise, really... the graduation party went really well & it was the most people we've ever had at our house ever, plus animals)

Some topics:
    * Tweaking our articles of incorporation (constitution/bylaws) for registration as non-profit in MN
    * Email addresses for TC Maker
    * Payments, donations, and dues, oh my!

Note that this is not a General Membership meeting, so discussion will be limited to the Board, but per the TC Maker Constitution, attendance is open to Members. So, if you want to come observe (and hang out on the patio or deck), please PM Theo for directions. I'm in Eagan, btw.

Post subject: Re: Governing Board meeting Sunday, 6/14
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:43 pm 

OK let's see... we ate snacks, played with cats, and watched a few silly YouTube videos. Wayne brought beers (good man).

We also determined that Google Docs would be an excellent place to build a Member Survey for free, with the Forms feature. Here's a sample. (The real survey will be less frivolous. In fact it will be more along the lines of the survey which Studio Bricolage recently sent out.)

We drafted some articles of incorporation, for filing as a nonprofit in Minnesota, which we'll share at the next business meeting. We checked out the MN Secretary of State's online resource for filing; it looks straightforward.

We discussed setting up webmail accounts for the Twin Cities Maker officers with @tcmaker.org domain names: [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , etc. Accounts can have sensible aliases, such as vp@tcmaker.org for the Vice President, etc. We're counting on orion to set these up, since he's our de facto webmaster.