forum update

Topics generally related to Twin Cities Maker activities
pyrodogg
Site Admin

Re: forum update

Postby pyrodogg » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:12 pm

Aside, I have no idea what the actual board default was before or why it borked. I just discovered I can set myself back to using the RedSilver template which is what I considered default before and it looks to me like it works just fine.

paulsobczak
Site Admin

Postby paulsobczak » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:40 pm

looks like the old template does work as pyro mentioned, not sure what orion and wammie are talking about. Perhaps there are other problems but I am unsure.

If you want to change to the old style, navigate to the front page, click on your username on the bottom, then head to the UPC (user control panel) then board preferences and choose RedSilver.

orion
Site Admin

Postby orion » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:04 am

One of the backups i had seems to be working, there is other things to fix but should being everyone back to normal. Let me know if there is a problem.

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:27 pm

paulsobczak wrote:looks like the old template does work as pyro mentioned, not sure what orion and wammie are talking about. Perhaps there are other problems but I am unsure.

Yes, there were numerous problems from the Admin perspective and shortcomings as far as security.

Paul, I had created a red_silver theme which would've served as an intermediate red template - THIS IS MENTIONED IN A GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENT - and I spent a LOT of time creating the custom menu and banner image. Why did you do an install over what I had created, and wipe that out?

Also, perhaps you didn't see my bulletin board post before you went ahead and implemented a solution, but I did say I was working on it and would have something in place soon. Please remember our "be excellent" policy and our admin policy of not making significant online structure changes without giving your fellow admins a heads up.

Return to “General Discussion”