350MHz spoofing

Topics generally related to Twin Cities Maker activities
contortpiezo

350MHz spoofing

Postby contortpiezo » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:18 pm

As some of you may know I have been working on a dimming related project for far too many months now and I have made a breakthrough.

http://www.amazon.com/Hunter-27208-Universal-Control-Receiver/dp/B0076AI5F4/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hi_5There is a device that I have purchased that can do 50% of what I need accomplished but there are a few technical questions I have no idea how to approach. The product is a 350MHz remote controlled dimmer. I would like to read the signal that it sends, and then spoof that.

Any ideas on how to do this?

paulsobczak
Site Admin

Re: 350MHz spoofing

Postby paulsobczak » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:35 pm

You need a 350Mhz receiver, and luckily you have one in the box!

You need to find the pin on the receiver that outputs the digital stream of 1's and 0's, use as scope hopefully a dso and grab figure out how the data is formatted and the speed. What buttons send what data, ect...

Then you need to buy a 350Mhz transmitter and send the same 1's and 0's to the receiver, at the right bit rate. Sparkfun should sell one.

You should be able to find a lot of information on this by goggling "reverse engineer a garage door opener"

I did this a few months back, it's not too difficult, the biggest problem will be getting the speed right, and the distance that you want. distance at 350Mhz is a problem ;)

-Paul

contortpiezo

Postby contortpiezo » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:35 am

Fantastic, I've noticed that the distance is a little shitty on the device and it also has trouble with solid object penetration. Thanks Paul!

paulsobczak
Site Admin

Postby paulsobczak » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:59 pm

The price is good though right?

Return to “General Discussion”