Attracting Exhibitors: Announcing and Advertising

Discussion area to organize TC Maker's participation at the Minne-Faire on April 14, 2012
wammie
Site Admin

Attracting Exhibitors: Announcing and Advertising

Postby wammie » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:35 pm

This thread is for discussing means of announcing the Minne-Faire and attracting exhibitors in the maker community. I am personally interested in writing some promotional copy and creating other communications for this.

wammie
Site Admin

Brief Copy for Exhibitor Solicitation

Postby wammie » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:29 pm

I've written up some brief text for announcing and soliciting exhibitors. This should work for community newspapers, store bulletin boards, notices to other maker groups and such.

I've made up an email address and don't know what times are set for the event, but how does this look?

Twin Cities Maker, a non-profit group for advancing the local do-it-yourself and arts communities, is hosting its second "Minne-Faire," a mini maker faire, on April 9, 2011.

The event will be held at the group's Hack Factory workshop, from ??? AM/PM to ??? AM/PM, at 3119 E. 26th St. in Minneapolis, MN.

Twin Cities Maker is seeking individuals, groups, and businesses interested in demonstrating at, selling at, or sponsoring this event.

To express interest and request details, send an email to [email protected] . More about Twin Cities Maker is at http://www.tcmaker.org .

metis

Re: Attracting Exhibitors: Announcing and Advertising

Postby metis » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:50 am

we need to define times asap. anyone recall last years? issues with them? iirc they worked well

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:01 pm

metis wrote:we need to define times asap. anyone recall last years? issues with them? iirc they worked well
Yes, it was 2-6 PM for the mini maker faire and 7-11 PM for the art show. I don't recall off-hand at what time we allowed the exhibitors to start setting up.

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:18 pm

Yes, or maybe just [email protected] . I'd think some folks might not think to put an "e" at the end. We'd need Brandon to set up the email address, whatever is decided, and make sure it gets directed to the right people.

Side note: I'm soon leaving for the weekend and will have limited computer access, if any at all. So you won't see much from me in posts over the weekend.

metis

Postby metis » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:19 pm

Minne@?

-posted via Tapatalk on my G2 running Cyanogenmod 6.1.1.
pardon the brevity and bonus typos

Orkraider

Postby Orkraider » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:36 pm

minne@ would work for me, as long as brandon can set it so that mini@ would also go in the right folder. Ditto faire, if we get fair (and fare).
Riley Harrison
facebook.com/rileyharrison

Orkraider

Postby Orkraider » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:39 pm

I'd like to get some flyers going, if we've got a budget for that. maybe we could run around and hit the bulletin boards in a lot of coffee shops in the metro.

Student union bulletin boards?

Downtown saint paul has some artist collective apartment buildings, their lobby bulletin boards would be a good bet.
Riley Harrison
facebook.com/rileyharrison

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:02 pm

Orkraider wrote:I'd like to get some flyers going, if we've got a budget for that. maybe we could run around and hit the bulletin boards in a lot of coffee shops in the metro.

Student union bulletin boards?

Downtown saint paul has some artist collective apartment buildings, their lobby bulletin boards would be a good bet.
Already got some made up, just need to know what time the minne-faire will be and if we'll still be including an "art show" portion, or "performance" portion, or what.

Return to “Minne-Faire 2012 TC Maker Activity Discussion”