Site Logo

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: So...what are you working on?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

Odegard wrote:
I've been working for a while on a steampunk portable audio player for my iPod. I'm getting precariously close to the final glue-up stage, possibly this weekend. I've been sort of keeping a log while going through the build, though it currently needs an update because I finished the inlay and some other things. You can visit my project page by clicking here

Below is my concept sketch for those less inclined to visit the site. The piece is primarily made of walnut, rosewood, and brass, with ivory stringer inlay.

G O R G E O U S! Very inspiring! Can't wait to see it in person, Mr. O!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:17 pm 

Dude, that is so awesome. I've seen some of the parts as you've shown them, and I love it.

I tell you, man, you post some pics of that finished along with the next announcement of whatever flavor of woodworking class you're gonna teach, and it'll be standing room only.

Very much want.

Riley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:20 pm 

Hello,
I'm writing to introduce myself and also to look for collaborators...
I'm currently in graduate school for urban design/landscape architecture, and have a background in electrical engineering and science/technology education (at the Science Museum). I'm excited to get to know you all at TCMaker better... I've been wanting to make your acquaintance for a while and now have a project that might help me do that!

I'd like to pursue an idea I've had for a while, but need some help to do it. I'm interested in making a bus stop/shelter that responds to a bus before the bus comes into view, but not just with a boring LED screen and words and numbers, but rather with flickering, glowing lights that light up the whole corner!

I have some experience with circuits, programming and Arduino, but I think this project is going to go more into the realm of GPS and web programming, in order to tap into data on a Metro Transit feed. This is outside of my area of expertise, so I'm looking for a collaborator or two.

If this is something anyone would be interested in talking more about, drop me a note. I'm hoping to work on it pretty intensely over the holidays, hoping to have a prototype up and running by mid-January.

Best,
Kristen

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14