Open circuit hacking at the hack factory monday nights

Social get-togethers, business meetings, outings and scoutings
pyrodogg
Site Admin

Re: Open circuit hacking at the hack factory monday nights

Postby pyrodogg » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:57 pm

So far I think the best way to describe this is just a bunch of people getting together to work on their electronics projects.

So far I've finished my Ice Tube Clock, Paul's been working on audio widgets, wammie's been looking for ideas (recently hit on a Halloween sound fx machine), and Brian started working on a WAV shield for his Arduino. It's really just an open night with a focus on doing things with electronics. I don't know how else to describe it yet. If anyone has something they want to work on and not be soldering alone, they're welcome to come out and join in the fun.

Without actually teaching a full-on class on soldering I'm also interested in helping anyone who might need it on electronics projects they bring in. Between the collective knowledge of the group, I think we can figure a good bit of things out.

Brian also expressed interest on generating some sort of group electro project for people to build collaboratively. Actual project tbd.

I'm sure a better definition will fall out eventually, so far it's adhoc and it's only week 2.

rigger

Postby rigger » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:14 am

paulsobczak wrote:mcsteve is in charge of the electronics area, have you talked with him at all?

Yes, I have. Numerous times. My request was part of the combined effort to clean and organize the area.
Work. Wander. Rest when I can.

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:47 am

I'm in for the group project. I'm still looking for a nice project to build, maybe a kit. Ideally, I'd like to build something that has practical use for the Hack Factory space, and I'll probably donate it when I'm finished. Any suggestions?

otto_pjm

Postby otto_pjm » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:53 pm

wammie wrote:I'm in for the group project. I'm still looking for a nice project to build, maybe a kit. Ideally, I'd like to build something that has practical use for the Hack Factory space, and I'll probably donate it when I'm finished. Any suggestions?

You can join us in working on the window sign / game / LED thing. I posted the latest update in that thread.

LED Sign board thread

Pete

smittex

Postby smittex » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:34 am

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:12 am

smittex wrote:Wiki page created! http://www.tcmaker.org/wiki/doku.php?id=tcmaker:meetings:open_circuit_hacking

Please add/edit as you see fit
Good job! You rock, Smittex! If this is going to be a fixed weekly event then we should add it to our calendar. I'll see if I can get to that sometime today.

pyrodogg
Site Admin

Postby pyrodogg » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:56 pm

I'm running late tonight. Should still be at the space by 7:30

I'll be working on my Bulbdial clock which arrived late last week.

Booka
Global Moderator

Postby Booka » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:05 am

I found a box of old Analog Joysticks at FreeGeek and rather than trash them, I grabbed a few (and one Serial trackballmouse) and brought them to the HF for ????

They are in the Cardboard storage drawers, and free to grab / Hack. If we need more, I see a few from time to time.

Return to “Meetups”