CNC Base

Area for developing group projects, such as workshop equipment
matt-cnc

CNC Base

Postby matt-cnc » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:22 pm

A base must be constructed for the new/large CNC Router. There has been an offer to help construct a wooden base out of 4x4 material and there was mention of helping weld up legs. Either way, I figured this would be a good place to have a conversation about how to move forward on this.

The metal legs that I was using in my garage are at the Hack Factory, but I have very limited welding experience, and will not be able to assist much in this option. If this is the desired route, I will need some help/suggestions. If the wooden base is going to be constructed, let me know how to help. I also have some castors I can pull of the original base when I go home for Thanksgiving.

What should we do?

Odegard

Re: CNC Base

Postby Odegard » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:54 pm

Matt, I was part of a conversation on Tuesday night between John, Steven and others. It was Steve's intent to go out today and but some of the bolts and other small parts necessary to implement his plan. For tonight, we discussed the probability that we would move the CNC onto its legs, and over toward the wall, and then Steve (who can definitely act fairly quickly, when motivated) was going to measure, cut, weld, etc. a metal table base for your machine.

If you're in tonight, we'll cover that ground in person, with visual aids.
Christopher Odegard

matt-cnc

Re: CNC Base

Postby matt-cnc » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:52 pm

Sweet! Thanks, looking forward to the visual aids.

Return to “Group Projects”