I'd like to get more of the stuff we have operational. Off the top of my head these are the tools that can be readily made functional with a bit of TLC, and perhaps some parts.
Big Metal Drill Press
Steven, has been kicking ass on this, and it's possible it is currently restored to a functional state, updates have included:
- Tear down
- Bearing replacement
- New Chuck
Still needs, a speed control mechanism either mechanical or electrical VFD.
Curtis aka The Big Pickle aka the Shop air compressor
This has been stalled, and likely needs to wait for the removal of the Art Shanty, then next steps.
- Change the oil, and clean out the air filter
- insert the various plugs
- Borrow a pallet jack and move to the new 3 phase power plug, (in metal area) for testing.
The ceramic kiln
I could use help with the details on this one.
- Needs a piece of stainless steel sheet of (16 or 18 guage perhaps)
- Needs the cover reattached, to the stainless, or perhaps a sturdier frame piece
- Needs a temperature probe / monitoring device I believe,
The solid stock metal bender aka new Harbor Freight bender
It's brand new and ready to go it just needs
- To be mounted to the floor, who's got a large hammer drill and tapcons?
I know there are more projects and things we can do to bring additional equipment online, if you can help chime in here.