Finding Free Pallets

Topics generally related to Twin Cities Maker activities
SeanRsquared

Finding Free Pallets

Postby SeanRsquared » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:24 am

Does anyone know where I can find free pallets? I have a few project ideas that involve old pallets. I need about 5 or 6 initially, maybe more if my projects go well. I'm able to pick them up. They don't have to be in great shape, but semi decent. Thanks

Sean

Booka
Global Moderator

Re: Finding Free Pallets

Postby Booka » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:18 am

There are several places just west of the Hack Factory that often have them out for the taking, first that I hit is just south of 26th on the west side of Minnehaha, right before the greenway crossing.

Then there is a place north of 26th, also on Minnehaha that sometimes has them.

You can also check Freecycle and Craiglist for posters, or post wanted notices.

metis

Postby metis » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:37 am

on wednesday there were several stacked outside of our landlord's on minnehaha just south of 26th labeled "free wood" if they're gone, i'm sure we can get one of the liason folk to ask if they'd be willing to drop a few off, or set a few aside if you haven't found a source.

kstoerz

Postby kstoerz » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:22 am

You can frequently score BIG pallets (sometimes made with 12' long hardwood beams) at the washer/punch press shop on Snelling Ave half a block south of Lake St. (that's the Snelling in Mpls, not St. Paul!)

The stuff piled obviously right on the driveway is fair game per the management. The #1 rule is don't make a mess! I try to take home any loose nails I liberate or discover rather than leaving them on their driveway, and I always consolidate and tidy up the pile when I'm done. Keep 'em happy!

Return to “General Discussion”