Router / Shaper

What things would you use at the maker shop?
Booka
Global Moderator

Router / Shaper

Postby Booka » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:35 am

I was given a wood shaper / router with blades by a neighbor of my father whom was moving.

it is a router table with external motor, so no real advantage there. But the can of bits and the fact the shaft extends more than most routers I have seen makes it something that may be of use to the Hack Factory. Chris O do you think you have a use for it? as it stands now it is mounted on a board so 2 feet wide by 3 to 3 1/2 long, simple motor and pulley set up, from some place in the 60s and a coffee can of well loved bits.

This could also have a sanding tube mounted to work on finishing wood.

Booka

Odegard

Re: Router / Shaper

Postby Odegard » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:23 am

Booka, I don't know how I missed this, but I would be very interested to see a photo of the machine. It could be something we want for the shop. Thanks!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Christopher Odegard

Booka
Global Moderator

Re: Router / Shaper

Postby Booka » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:03 am

Actually I have it, so I will bring it down and you can use it, or make something of it. (blades always have a use)

The only problem is it sat in the back of my truck for a couple nights in Oct, and the surface needs to get the rust removed and oiled up (last person who did this was JRSPhoto, but a trip to San Diego is not in my future)

I will try to bring it down Wednesday with some other stuff I have horded up from Free Geek and other places

Return to “Uses/Equipment”