Membership revocation or banning
From Twin Cities Maker wiki
Revision as of 10:35, 11 November 2013 by Danbackslide
Revocation of Membership
- “Revocation” refers to revocation of membership. This includes removing a former member’s access, removing their property from the space, and removing them from members-only online services and communications. Revocation specifically does not refer to the removal of access, property and/or services which occurs at the end of a normal term of membership.
- Any of the following are grounds for revocation:
- The member refuses to behave safely, repeatedly fails to store property safely, or repeatedly fails to clean up after themselves or their guests
- The member abandons property more than twice in a 30 day time frame
- The member is a disruption about whom multiple members have complained
- The member gives their access credentials to a non-member.
- A member under threat of revocation must receive not less than 15 days' prior written notice of the proposed revocation, and the reasons for it.
- A member under threat of revocation must be given an opportunity for the member to be heard, orally or in writing, not less than five days before the effective date of the expulsion, suspension, or termination, by a person or persons authorized to decide that the proposed revocation not take place.
- A member’s revocation must be voted on and passed unanimously by the Board of Directors to be enforced.
- If a person's membership is revoked, the Board of Directors must specify one or more conditions under which the person is welcome to become a member again, such as after a certain date. This requirement does not apply if the Board also votes to ban the person (see Banning).
- “Banning” refers to the unwelcomeness of an individual from the communications and physical grounds of Twin Cities Maker. Individuals who are banned are not allowed to come to the space.
- A person’s ban must be voted on and passed unanimously by the Board of Directors.
- Removing a person’s banned status must be voted on and passed unanimously by the Board of Directors.
- The list of banned individuals will be posted by the door and updated by the Board when it changes.