More bowmaking classes!
Holy cats, more bowmaking classes! Riley’s set up three more classes, on 8/12, 8/19 and 8/26. These classes have been pretty popular (I know my daughter had a blast!). Sign up soon before the tickets are gone!
The class covers:
- A brief review of the types of traditional wood bows and focus on the American Flatbow, it’s origin and design (This is the type of bow that participants will be making)
- An intro on the types of designs and modifications that can improve the look and performance of an american flatbow.
- Types of wood used for wood bows, and their characteristics
- The pros and cons of working with red oak wood.
- Tools used for bowmaking, including hand tools and power tools
- Each participant will be provided with all the materials and tools needed to make this bow.
- Class materials will include exactly one red oak board per student, of dimensions 1.5″ by .75″ by 6′, selected by the teacher.
The class will include a brief description of what archery “tackle”, or gear, is needed to actually use a bow, including bow strings, arrows, forearm protection (vambraces), finger protection (archery tabs or shooting gloves), quivers, and bow cases. Sign up for the class at Eventbrite!